We danced


I was just in Colorado and ran into some people I had served with on my Colorado mission trip last year… and they asked me how things were going, like what I had been up to…  and so I kind of explained that things were really good!  And so they asked “Like what?” and seriously I sounded like a ray of sunshine… And all of a sudden I realized it, and I said “oh geez, things aren’t always great, but I choose to focus on what’s good and what God is doing”.

Man, I live in a weird way.  I’ve learned that the road to gratitude is the one worth traveling. 

I could focus on the friends I’ve lost or the hurt I feel, but really what will that get me?  I want to remember the good things that God has done, not what I’ve lost. 

I read this morning as part of my new “better me” plan…

Mark 7:14-23

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16] [f]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

I want to speak of His glory, I want to shine the light of His love where I go, and save for the stuff that’s not so great with trusted friends and Jesus to work it out.  It’s not easy to see the good when yucky stuff happens but sometimes God saves us from things (or people) that will be harmful for our hearts.  Or when I have to wait for something… Ugh, I hate waiting, but I know it’s worth it….  I kind of compare it to cooking…  I love baked chicken but if I try to enjoy it before it’s done…  BLEK!  Raw chicken… Perfect timing, His perfect timing. 

Yesterday I was turned on the radio… but I was hooked up to my phone, and the song “We danced” by Bethel came on.  To be honest sometimes I hear Bethel and I sigh… I listened to them too much….but yesterday I listened to it with an open heart, and I thought about how intimate my time with Jesus is, and how it has changed my heart and my perception.  And what a difference that has made on what comes out of my mouth.  I’m so thankful for that time that we danced, and He lead me, and my heart.  I think of the times that I was so tired I couldn’t seem to go on, He more than just sustained me, He gave me strength, and hope to go forth. 

I’m so very thankful for my time with Jesus and the way it has produced good fruit in my life…

Here is the song…  and the lyrics.

 
You steady me
Slow and sweet, we sway
Take the lead and I will follow
Finally ready now
To close my eyes and just believe
That You won't lead me
Where You don't go

When my faith gets tired
And my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round
And remind me of that song
The one You wrote for me
And we dance

And I've been told
To pick up my sword
And fight for love
Little did I know
That Love had won for me
Here in Your arms

You still my heart again
And I breathe You in
Like I've never breathed 'till now

When my faith gets tired
And my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round
And remind me of that song
The one You wrote for me
And we dance
And I will lock eyes
With the One who's ransomed me
The One who gave me joy for mourning
And I will lock eyes
With the One who's chosen me
The One who set my feet to dancing?

We dance
Just You and me
It's nice to know I'm not alone
I found my home here in Your arms
It's nice to know I'm not alone?
I found my home here in Your arms
It's nice to know I'm not alone
I found my home here in Your arms

Comments