I have loser friends ;)


I joined a weightloss competition with my “Loser Friends”.  I decided that this time in my life I was going to do things that I could do for my whole life.  Not the crazy things I’ve done in the past that I couldn’t maintain, like the time I only ate chicken, hummus, eggs, toast, green beans, and salad with vinegar and oil while working out 8 times a week (5 days, 3 of them 2 a days).

I will be honest, I almost didn’t join. For a number of reasons, one being that I am not going to win.  I just am not.  My friends are true competitors and they will win, me, I just want to be a better me, and I’d have to be crazy to win, and that doesn’t make me better, so who wants to lose $50. Not me.

And who wants to lose more than weight, not me. 

But I really prayed about it, and I joined.

I said “I just want to be a better me, and having friends to encourage me, and I want to encourage them.”

I have to say I really look up to my stepmom who works at weight watchers, but she’s also a member.  She’s kept the weight she lost for a long time.  I’d say her success comes from tracking, being consistent, and portion control. 

So I decided that I would do things to help me be a better me, which means being consistent and positive.

These are the things I did well:
Stayed within calorie count
Snacked on real food
I kept moving and met my step goals EVERYDAY
I ate more veggies & fruit
I didn’t rely on food in hard times
I took my nutritional supplements (vitamins) everyday
I walked at least once everyday
I read the bible everyday
I drank a gallon of water every day
I had yummy protein shakes everyday
I felt good
I was happy for my friends without feeling bad that I didn’t do well
I lost weight (even if it was only one pound)

Week 1 is down, and I am looking forward to being a better me a little more in the next 15 weeks!  Our Loser peeps lost almost 70 pounds of junk!  As I walked this morning, I prayed for all of us, that we have strength and perseverance to run the race set before each of us, and that God continues to work in our hearts to be more like who He has for us to be!

Comments