Go love

It's that time of year when people talk about doing good. We talk about it because maybe we are so blessed that we realize how much we have and we realize that others are without... A lot. Or maybe we realize that it's cold and it's only getting colder. 

Maybe you've seen all the tragedy that is happening on Paris (or Beirut or Kenya). It's awful and disgusting, hateful. 

People post a lot about how sad it is, but I'd like to ask you, if you're reading this, what are you going to do? Is all the sadness and tragedy enough to move you from your phone to do something?

I speak to a lot of people who think that most Christians don't do much. If it fits in our schedule we will do it, if it's one of our gifts or comfortable, then sure... But outside of that, well we are kind of quiet and we post crap on Facebook. 

It's time to stop being complacent thinking nothing is gonna change. Because with that kind of thinking, you're right.

To be honest I don't often know what to do. I'm just some chic who wants the world to be better. Evil makes me sad. It's heart breaking, people with cold feet is also heartbreaking to me. Maybe you think that's dumb but go ahead and go one day with cold feet. You know what else is sad to me? That kids aren't loved. People care more about how they look rather than caring when no one is looking.

Does that mean that sometimes I exhausted (that's what sabbaths are for), does it seems like nothing changes, until... Until I see a smile, or God gives me a little nudge. I certainly don't have it right most of the time. And that's the truth. I miss something or say the wrong thing, but above all else, want to love. Those I know, and those I don't. 

So I pray, and I cook, and I pray while I cook, and clean big lots that seem too big for me, or community gardens, or vacuum in heels... I don't know, but I know you can do something too! You can.  I'm not sure what, but you can, and love is never too small. Even the smallest rock makes a ripple on a pond.

Please today, with a breaking heart, I'm pleading. With you to go do something in the name of love.

Comments