There's fruit in the waiting

Do you ever just wait for something?

And you want it so bad? 

I hate waiting. 

Sometimes I want to skip to the end just to see what happens?

Does the boy get the girl? 

The end is always great but the story is always greater.

One of my favorite quotes is from the book "greater" by Steven Furtick, he's the lead pastor at Elevation Church. "You'll never get to greater until you are willing to leave good enough behind". It's one of the quotes on my white board at work.  Honestly there aren't too many actual work things on that board lol, program volume, SOP (start of production), and some random names I can never remember but always seem to need.

While I'm waiting I always try to remember that God is preparing me. 

I had a dream a few weeks ago about this guy, and he said "I wish I
Would have met you sooner" and I smiled and said "but I wasn't ready" lol like i was chicken that wasn't ready, still raw inside. The truth is that was the absolute truth. God has down some crazy things in life in the last 10 years but I can say that even in the last three or even the last year my heart is overwhelmed by the healing that has taken place so that I can love more. 

It's certainly not always easy but the work He has done in my heart means I carry around a fruit basket and don't chuck it at people. 

You don't make jam until the fruit is ripe. 

Comments