Mission trip lessons

This since March 28 I've been on 4 mission trips (ish) 

Haiti
Denver
Helped metro with their Detroit trip
4 days

I was actually surprised at that number. I've been busy lol. 

I always tend to learn a lot before/during/after mission trips. God moves like crazy when I'm on one and a lot after. This spring/summer was no different. 

I always joke and say "stupid Netta prayed I'd see things the way God sees them". Well, she did, and He took off some scales. And some of it was beautiful and some of it was really ugly. Most of the ugly was in my own mess... Because it's been so busy it's been hard to take the time to process and work through it all. I'm getting there.

Some mission trip truths:

Sometimes people aren't what you originally thought. Sometimes it's way better than you thought, and sometimes it's much worse.

Stay hydrated. By the time you realize you're thirsty, you're dehydrated. Its the same with being close to God. Stay close.

You can never have too much toilet paper.

Know how to use a plunger

Flushing is the best!!

Smile a lot. Give grace. To others and yourself. 

Listen

Rest

Take good care of yourself

Take a minute if you need one. Otherwise you'll spend more minutes apologizing for things you said.

Right a wrong quickly. If there's an issue, address it swiftly, and with love and grace.

Making sandwiches with others is way more fun with others than by yourself.

Schedule rest after the trip.

Live out the great commandment not just the great commission. You can't have one without the other.

Serve love repeat 

Comments