Masterpiece bravery

Today I was in my kitchen praying for my church, it's short term missionaries who are coming this week, and some dear friends.

A lot of people have a quiet place where they pray... Me I got a small kitchen that some pretty awesome magic happens in! (You should have seen it last night from 10pm to 12am, it was in full effect).

When it comes to me, I know I have nerd gifts. I'm never gonna be cool, I'm never gonna be the one leading anyone anywhere unless it's to show you where the bathroom is or how to do dishes. And I am ok with that. Maybe not everyone gets my weird gifts (but they will enjoy them!) and the best part is that I don't need anyone to "get them" just don't get in my way so I can use them.

I'm reading this incredible devotional called Brave Girl boots and my heart is so moved by it!! The truth is I've been reading my bible and well, to be honest usually I'm moved beyond tears when I read it, but lately, well, not so much (how is that for a plug to get you to read the bible!). I keep reading though. Waiting with great expectation that God will knock me off my feet like He often does!! I'm being faithful and reading!  The Brave Girls Devotional... Whoa! God is speaking so much to me through it, THERE IS POWER IN OUR TESTIMONIES!!!!! 

I'm learning that being brave isn't mountain climbing or jumping off a cliff (that's either brave or crazy I'm not sure which!), being brave is being right where you are and finding joy!  Finding fruit in what you love and sharing it!!!

I'm a little nervous about this week and all I'm doing but I am excited! It's my sweet spot of serving! And I'm being brave doing what I know I'm called to do!

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
Ephesians 2:10 NLT

Comments