Love serve REST repeat

It has been the craziest of 4 months!!!

I've flown to:
Haiti
Germany 
Colorado (twice)

Been on 4 mission trips since the end of March:
Haiti
Denver
Detroit (twice)
And planted a community garden

I've had very little time to rest and my trip to Haiti needed some processing afterwards. I never really got that time. Though I've taken days to rest it has not been the kind of rest I needed until this weekend.


Wow! There is something about northern Michigan that makes my heart slow down. I look around at the beauty of it, I breathe in, relax. It calms my soul.

There is always much to do. We were created to bring Him glory. But sometimes I think we need to see His glory. 

Today I drove home (without getting a ticket lol) and came home with a sudden burst of energy. Maybe because I had only gone about 900 steps. I cleaned the garage. It was a crazy mess but I felt re-energized so I tackled that ridiculous mess!! Holy moly! Cleaned out my car, and went to the church to start hauling things home. When I got to church the kitchen floor had seen its share of use so I washed it. Just a quick wash, but so much better! It makes me happy to make the church sparkle for Jesus  and so others can enjoy it!

I wanted one last moment of His glory so I hopped in my car and headed to Belle Isle. It's my favorite Monday spot. I walked about a mile and then rested while I watched the sun set and started a new book that my friend lent me. The women who wrote in this book are truly inspiring and God is working in them, and I'm sure He will use them to work through others (and me!)

It's been awhile since my heart has had peace. That it seems to be smiling. 

Love.
Serve.
Rest.
Repeat.

Comments