You're awesome!

I have to tell you about something that really bothers me. 

I'd like to tell you about one of my biggest pet peeves.

I hate when you do something nice for someone and they say "you're awesome". In my head to the average person who says this to me (buckets and a few people excluded) I want to take back what I did and say "bite me".

I know I'm awesome, I'm a Masterpiece (eph 2:10), God created me, but that "you're awesome" you just threw at me just said to me "I only like you because you do things for me.

You know where it's the worst? Church

When we say to (especially new believers) "you're awesome" when they do something for us, they find their value in what they do not who they are. When their schedule doesn't allow them to do something, they stop being awesome and start being hurt.  They see no difference in the church and the world, they both used them.  

There are few people that I actually believe them when they say "you're awesome" to me (unless you're a bucket or a Beck(y or ie) I probably don't believe you and want to say "bite me" as my response to you... Maybe I'll start doing that instead of saying the uncomfortable "thank you" I usually say ;)

Comments