The joy of gardening

That snazzy garden needed more tomato cages and so... I ordered 20 tomato cages from THE FOURTH Lowes I tried!! So I picked them up and headed over to the garden and put them up...

There was a woman walking with a baby in a stroller she shouted "it's looking good" and so I offered her the first squash that was ready for picking. It was a little small but it hadn't grown much since last week and it would just get hard and unedible if it wasn't eaten. So I asked her if she liked squash, she shouted "yes" so I walked it over to her and she was so excited (almost as excited me!!!!!) and I was so very happy I finished caging my tomatoes today. 

I have been so pleased with all aspects of this garden. The building, the community, and just watching it grow. Things that I seem to do for others always seem to be more of a blessing to me.  I mean this crazy garden makes me soooo happy and brings me joy and peace. I will never understand why God chose me or even chooses me to do crazy things but I'm so blessed! 

I love this silly garden!!! And that lady is gonna eat a "home grown" squash!! My heart is over flowing!

Comments