My crazy steps!!!

This crazy fitbit... It's motivated me to keep walking! Ok it's motivated me to get walking.

I never would have guessed that I didn't walk 10000 steps everyday, but probably on a good day I got in 5000 but now I make sure I get in a minimum of 10,000 and let me tell you sometimes it's 10:30pm when I do. 
 
The weather has been awful and I can't walk or run outside because I'd surely bite it. I know that walking with my fitbit probably doesn't seem like much, it's not working out with a trainer or hours at the gym, it's not insanity of beach body workouts but if there is one thing I've learned in my old age, it's important to be consistent. 

I log my food in everyday, get my steps in, drink my water, and stay connected to Jesus. In this time I've learned to better deal with my emotional eating, and I've found healthier alternatives to deal with stress, walking or stairs instead of vending machines. During that walking or stair time, I pray, I find out what the heart of the issue is.

I've always planned a lot more veggies into my day and meals. I just made a crockpot chicken cacciatore and so when I get home there isn't a lot of snacking or wondering what's for dinner. And most of the dish was made with organic ingredients (sometimes I just can't make the whole organic work - so I do the best I can).

Small changes I can live with my whole life. I still have meals (instead of days) when I eat what I want but I'm strategic about it. 

It's been good for me. I feel better, my clothes are fitting better. 

This crazy fitbit has really been a great tool for succeeding.

Success = doing the right things over long periods of time

Comments