Living beyond

I'm ashamed to admit this but honestly I didn't think much about those that are risking their lives to spread the gospel. Those who don't argue over who does it right or wrong, those who don't point fingers at others, those who live and die for the sake of Christ. Who live far beyond themselves. Those who pick up His cross and carry it.  Until yesterday when my eyes were opened, and filled with tears. 

Today this verse hit me that is part of my reading plan.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:8-10 NIV)

If that's true, which I believe it is, I better really start living and stop being afraid of what people will think or what could happen to me. Lives matter. I must love far beyond myself. It's not about me and this life passes quickly. 

I just think about how I need to come before Him every morning, every hour, every moment, humbly and just say "whatever You want Lord" and sometimes that seems really scary. I can't imagine being called to the Middle East or somewhere that Christians are persecuted. Sometimes it's hard for me to be kind to people I don't like (how's that for the truth).

I know that for me, I need to stay close to Him, do what He says, pray, LISTEN, and obey. 

Yesterday I prayed that God would prepare hearts for His word and that people would obey, and I said "me too Lord, don't forget me". 

Not sure what He's up to, but I'm here, so send me. 

Please join me in prayer

http://21martyrs.com




Comments

Unknown said…
We have found twenty five of the simplest weight loss supplements and diet pills. Stop wasting cash on productthat don't work and provides one or additional of those a attempt. costs ar approximate at the time of writing and ar subject to alter. http://www.cureidea.com/top-muscles-building-supplements/