Making me new!

I love reading. I don't have as much time to read as I'd like. I have to set goals to read and finish books. And yet this new chapter in my life has me a little unnerved and peaceful at the same time! 

For the last few years (like 8) I attended the same church. I always kind of supplemented by checking out other churches. It's nice to hear a new preacher, meet new people who are in love with Jesus, hear their stories, hear how they are living and spreading the gospel. I've really been so blessed seeing people carry their crosses and follow Jesus. I've watched them live out Jesus in their homes, in their hoods, in cities, and all over the world. I've been blessed to pray for them, God stitching our hearts together in the hem of prayer. 

I find it sometimes so comforting to go to a service and ️praise God and take notes and love right where I am wherever God leads but I'll admit it's weird not being in the same church week after week seeing people I love, being so comfortable that when I walked in the door I would cry because it was home. And now, I'm in this new place where I'm not quite settled and my schedule has been so crazy with travel I can't seem to get regular attendance anywhere and God has me growing in my uncomfortableness. (I certainly have learned I do not like that moment when they say go say hi to your neighbor lol even when I know people).  But I have learned to spread my wings and found freedom in loving at the opportunities God has put in front of me <3

It's a time in quiet and listening. In planning what God wants, to hear Him make my heart new and improved to remember that that I am not conformed to the patterns of this world but renewed by Him So I can forge forward with His plans. It's a weird place to be in. I found it so much easier to follow the leadership of others and just take care of the details... And here I am now on a new adventure...  I never thought I'd say it but I'm thankful for the quiet... And the peace that comes with it when I'm not too busy squirming lol

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)

Comments