Getting healthy the right way!



Today I went to Panera Bread (I thought I’d be able to eat soup and salad but good gravy after looking at the ingredients of their “food” I am not sure I will ever eat there again – GROSS!!!!!!) and this woman says to me “I’d like to give you my card” and I look at it and it says weightloss on it but she tries to tell me it’s supplements to give me more energy.  

Now, I really wanted to slap her.  Yes, I know, I’m a chubster.  You can call it whatever you want.  But I didn’t need her to tell me!

But here’s the thing, I am not looking for a quick fix for weight loss, I am looking for a permenant change.  Quick fixes don’t last and usually people gain their weight back. 

The thing is that it’s not that I don’t know HOW to lose weight, it’s not that I don’t know how to keep it off.  You know what the key to success is? Making the right decision over long periods over time.

Simple right?

It may seem simple but sometimes it’s really difficult.  I wanted to stop by Baskin Robbins and get ice cream and say “well there is always tomorrow”.  Yes that’s true but eating ice cream before I go to bed won’t help me achieve my goals.

There is a verse that says that we should be faithful in small things and God will trust us with bigger things.  I know that God calls us usually to do small things and as we grow in Him, much more is given, and much more is required.  (Luke 16:10 NLT "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities.)

I was taken aback by that lady but I know that God was in the lesson, abide in me, find the true source of why you over eat or make poor choices (I’m a total stress eater) and then my outsides will match my insides… healthy!

1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Comments