A day to remember

I was talking to my friend, I was actually dreaming a dream and thought man, my life is so weird.
 For so many years i dedicated my life to youth ministry. I cannot even count the hours and not a single one would I want back when I think of all the kids who have given their lives over to Christ. 

I was making spaghetti sauce for lots of peeps for tomorrow and I was thinking that today was a really great day!

 I went to lunch with one of my dearest friends! I love that we like the same movies, same places to eat, and sneaking gelato into the movies instead of eating popcorn (shhhhhh). 

I even got the laundry folded thanks to my daughter who washed it :) 

I'm always thankful for days where I do something fun and getting things done and serving people! It's the perfect day :)

A lot has changed in my life in the last 6 months, things that I've done for a long time, God has pulled me away from.  People that I trusted have hurt me beyond anything I can explain. Places that felt like home, no longer feel that way. 

As I change the way I serve, my heart seems to grow and things bring more joy than I could have ever expected.  As for the people who have hurt me, I feel like it's the way God protects me by removing them from my life. As I've had to search for a new church I've had to pray and listen, and figure out where God wants me, not where I'd like to be (but I love where I've landed). 

There have been days like today when things seem great and almost perfect and there have been days with great sadness. I tend to try to focus on the things I'm thankful for rather than the sad moments. I tend to take the sad moments and think about the choices I've made to get me to that place and what I can do differently. 

Certainly life isn't perfect but surely there are perfect days :) and I'm thankful for the days no matter how they end, there's a lesson in each one.

Comments