Looking for Emmanuel in the giving of abundance

It's a funny thing...  Giving out of abundance. 

There are moments that I think about how I don't have this or that, or how i need something... and  then there are moments when I am looking for Emmanuel and I see Him everywhere. 

I have a STOCK PILE of things, things I think I need to buy or HAVE TO HAVE only to find out I never really needed them to begin with or I got so much that I couldn't use it all.

I had taken a box for a stocking stuffer out reach for a little boy, and was able to look through all my stuff and I was able to provide 4 boxes of stuff for 4 different children without ever going to the store ;)

I was able to provide a beautiful young lady with a bunch of items for her new apartment however I never left my house... i went to my pantry and pulled out things like garbage bags, cleaner, sponges, noodles, and even some laundry soap.

I was able to provide 2 other gifts for two different children in another outreach called Joy to the D. It was the craziest thing... I found these two gifts and prayed over them and asked that God lead me to where those gifts wanted to go. Two days later... He answered. 

Today I cooked dinner for 40 people for about $40 worth of extra groceries because of my fully stocked pantry.  It's only spaghetti sauce and rotini noodles and homemade bread with butter. I also have all the plates and plasticware.  Abundance.

I made dinner today and didn't buy one thing extra (and I only bought minimal groceries last week and this week) but was able to provide dinner from our pantry and freezer ;)

Tomorrow's dinner consists of a ham I got today and whatever else I can wrangle up around here.

I have always known that I am so blessed and have so much.  Sometimes when I feel lead to clean things out and simplify I feel like I kicking and screaming like a two year old who needs a nap, but in times like these, I am giving and giving and giving and its amazing, even freeing.

while I see Emmanuel in the abundance, I hope that the recipients never even see me, I hope they see a Savior who came to save them.  And may they continue to seek and look for Him, all the days of their lives. 



Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Amen...we are so blessed to have so much.