Looking for chaos and finding Emmanuel

The other day I told my friend, Beckie, I needed a little chaos. Lol life is kind of busy not chaotic and maybe I'm just used to crazy, so I was looking for... Something. 

I had picked up some toys for a super fun Christmas party that some people had planned and she invited me to go. I have a little (very little) vacation time left but I could swing it!! 

So basically I showed up. And made a snowman craft with the kids and seriously had one of the best days of my life!! I would rank it right up there with times I have spent in Haiti. 

I can tell you that God spoke to me in some very big ways during this time! Wow. I am going to be processing a lot of it!! Wow.

I sat with some of the younger ones and we talked about cookies and pizza... And talked to some of the older ones about growing up and going to college. 

There was one girl. Oh she was my favorite. We sat and talked. She was in 4th grade. She wants to be a doctor. We talked about college and how she was beautiful and smart, and she could be anything she wanted to be. I am not sure anyone ever talked to her like that before. I told her to look me in the eyes and I said to her "remember this moment, right here, for the rest of your life, no matter what anyone says to you "you are beautiful, smart, kind, and special". 
Why this day, that girl, I'll probably never know.

But this I do know. That when I am with children and serving, I am closest to who God created me to be. 

So while I was looking for chaos, I found myself, and in me, I found Emmanuel. 

I found exactly who God created me to be

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Such a perfect picture of finding Him!