Happy Advent!!!

It's the beginning of Advent season and usually my calender is JAMMED for the month of December, I am thankful to say that it's not.  I have some fun serving opportunities and some Christmas gatherings (I will not wear an ugly sweater unless you think the way I dress is ugly then you'll probably think I have one on everyday LOL).

I've actually always been too busy to do any advent activities to completion. I start out strong... but then fizzle out like a firework.  BLAH!

This year I have activities of giving planned out, a great devotional that my friend sent me.  The Dawning of Indestructible Joy by John Piper.  I have adapted some fun activities from this blog to do...  I know I'm kind of dorky but whatever.


I started this thing in my office called "elfing someone" LOL,  a cute little gift for someone and then they do the same for two other people and so it spreads. It's kind of dorky but kind of fun! I got some cute kitchen towels and hand soap for some, a coffee mug and creamers for others, all have a little bit of candy in them.  I didn't spend more than $5 per bag.  I also started it in my neighborhood!  That was my yesterday and today's activities.  Tomorrow I am making cookies for my neighbors :)

I'm kind of excited about this holiday season!

Remember you either endure the holidays or you enjoy them!  The choice is yours!


One of my favorite Christmas Songs!  


Comments