Finding peace while looking for Emmanuel



As a last minute invitation, I was invited to an Advent Service at St. John’s Lutheran School in Waltz.  Our Jackie goes to school there and was going to be singing.  It just so happens that I didn’t have anything planned and I was happy to be invited!

I loved it!  Catching up with my friends was great before service started and then hearing the little angels sing, wow!  So good, like I was just overwhelmed with how sweet they sounded.

As the service was going, I was thinking about when I was little and the very traditional services I went to as a kid and how I loved Christmas Eve service (and the party after).  

I am used to going 100mph and now… it’s significantly slower. I love it but it’s a hard adjustment.  I’m starting to get restless… and that’s never good LOL

After the service, I went down to Detroit, grabbed a tea from Starbucks (it was even hot!) and walked around the beautiful Christmas tree and up and around the area. 

It was really peaceful. 

Both the service and the walk were a sweet reminder of God’s goodness and how great it feels to be at peace, the kind of peace only He can give.

While I was looking for Emmanuel I found peace.

I’m so thankful.

Comments