So much...

Sometimes my heart spins. 

Freezing homeless people... Under paid fire fighters and police officers... People without coats... People who have hearts that are breaking...

The other day I was watching the news I saw a bunch of fire fighters fighting a fire at 8 mile and greenfield in Detroit. Maybe it's just me but instantly I wanted to go do something for those firefighters. I know that homemade peach cobbler bread isn't going to make their life any less risky or help them pay their bills but sometimes I just feel like I should do.... Something.

I wanted to go see Stevie Wonder tomorrow at The Palace and in case you didn't know, Stevie Wonder is my very favorite but I started thinking about the $90 for the ticket. I thought about how many coats I could buy for someone in need. 

I know that God doesn't say that i shouldn't enjoy ourselves but I don't know if it always has to be expensive.  I want my priorities to be right. How can I complain about my taxes in my city workers and roads but then I pay $90 to go see an entertainer... When I'm already going to see wicked. 

I know I seem like a kook, heck, I feel like a kook, but I must always remember that to whom much is given, much is required and I feel like I am truly blessed. I do what i should (and I know I fall short so many times) because it is right, and that's what I'm called to do.

Following Jesus makes me the best version of myself... And that's who I strive to be.

Comments