Feeling feelings

This week has proven challenging in my spirit. I can think of so many times I have found myself heartbroken.  I found myself pleading in prayers for others. 

Praying for healing
Praying for provision
Praying for adoptions
Praying for release
Praying for direction
Praying for people i love

There have been moments of tears, when I just felt so defeated! And I know that I don't even have it bad, I know so many who have it much worse.  

Many times in my life I would find myself turning away from those I love, do my best to turn those feelings off. Those feelings they hurt and who the hell wants to hurt? Surely not me.

But so many times I have said to feel their feelings, don't bottle them up, read your bible, listen to worship music, seek God, feel... But don't act.
If you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired, it's not a good time to make a decision.  And if you decide on something, surely that is not the time to carry it out.

So this week, you know what I did? I listened to songs that glorified God. Songs that turned my heart right to God. I read, I did my bible study, I prayed, I served (yes it's weird that I could do that from Germany but when you love the God of the universe He can make some sweet things happen!). I reached out to people when I was in need, I used the gift of encouragement as much as I could. (Again God can send some great things to you when you love Him in order to love others). I listened and I felt. It meant that sometimes I laughed, it meant sometimes I cried, but whatever it was, i expressed it (though I waited til I was at the hotel to cry).

I'm thankful for feelings and emotions God gave them to use for a reason. I'm thankful to God for giving me His Word and worship music to speak to my heart, but most i am thankful for prayer and a relationship with Him!!

Comments