Baby it's cold outside

There are things that sometimes my heart just can't bare.

I was thinking about how blessed I am today. My friends bought their dream home today and I was so happy for them, I was sooo absolutely blessed by God's blessings in their lives. I stopped for a minute and thanked Him. Did you know I live in my dream home? I prayed for this house. Don't laugh, I know it's not fancy and it's crammed and the kitchen is small and I certainly have become creative over the years cooking large quantities of food in a small kitchen.  I have to admit I probably haven't done the best job keeping up with it, but thankful for His grace, I will be a good steward of His gifts. 

Today we served at My Brother's Keeper in Detroit. Their shelter has closed because it is in need of some major repairs. People came and we filled their bellies but they had to leave.
It's cold out there people. Cold. Crack your face off cold. And they had to turn them away. I drove around the city tonight handing out muffins. Wish I had socks but muffins is what I had, thankfully. But my heart can't bear the fact that people are sleeping on the streets, literally freezing!

Now that I have seen I am responsible to do something. My friend and I were talking about a fundraiser. We.must.do.something. You know spaghetti dinner is always my go to... We can make good money and it's work but it's doable and at this point I can do it in my sleep. You know most of us are one paycheck away from the street. One wrong choice... And it is only by God's grace that I have what I have. People dream and hope for half of what I have, how can I not do something? 

Stay tuned! Spaghetti dinner/worship night may be coming your way soon!

I must do something. 

Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead.  -Albertine by Brooke Fraser 

Comments