The truth is...

"My secret is that I'm always angry"

 Last night we were watching the Avengers, and Bruce Banner who turns into the hulk said that.

Today, I'm so tired. I forgot my sweater (actually grabbed my sweater dress instead of a sweater as I headed out the door in my sleeveless shirt) so I'm embarrassed that I had to wear a black zippee at work. Probably because I was rushed as I packed for My Brothers Keeper this morning... For the record, the reason I'm tired was worth it. Every.minute.

But as I'm tired running into Kroger for a few last minute things, three people cut me off in the store... There isn't enough sauce on my noodles (LOL - how dumb is that!), I'm annoyed about a project I am working on and had I not been tired, I can deal with all these things. But tired, I could send up big, green, and ugly.

So I whisper "grace". The truth is I need it as much as I need to give it.

Because the truth is that in these moments, I am most like me and least like Jesus and let's be honest... I have no reason to be a jerk.  But if you know me, I can go from sweet to a real jerk in 2 seconds flat...  And if I am tired, it might be even quicker.  That is why I try to take good care of myself, get rest, eat well...  read my bible, bible studies, spend time with friends, etc.

I'm blessed to have spent time with someone I care about, I have a great job (that makes it possible to pay for groceries at the grocery store without worries and that I can ), I've got a million blessings (and I got a free tea this morning!!!! FREE CAFFEINE!!!) and I'm going to serve at my favorite place today!!
So while I may have moments of wanting to throat punch someone (and it's not even Thursday!) Jesus is in me, I'm covered by grace, so my only choice today is to choose to live love.

And I will try to take a nap later.

Comments