Recipes, life, and reckless abandon



Want to know something about me, I cook with reckless abandon and nothing really else in my life is like that. I’m almost always scared.  Scared I’ll fail, and sometimes even scared I will succeed.
Yesterday I had to make potato soup for a sprinkle for my friend.  You know I don’t have a recipe.  I know what goes in, I know what shouldn’t go in… and so I cook.  Of course on those days, the soup is REALLY good, and everyone wants to know how I made it.
So if you’d like to know… here was my recipe.
            I sautéed some onions
            Then I added peeled, cubed redskin potatoes
            Found some celery that I had cut up for freezer crock pot meals… that went in
            Added Maggi chicken boullion (because everything is better with Maggi, 
           and it’s in everything, just ask my dear sweet spunky Maxtelena)
            Added salt, pepper, parsley.
            Then smashed up a bit of the potatoes with my immersion blender 
            Add half and half, Salavdorian sour cream
            Then added Monterrey Jack cheese (hand shredded)
            And then last but not least a half a block of cream cheese.

Well no wonder it was delicious.  This was a HUGE pot of soup, and really really good!
Some people are afraid to cook, afraid it might turn out, maybe because it never does…  not me, the worst that can happen is I throw it away (or add more cheese)

When it comes to real life, I wish I lived more like I cook.  I am afraid of a lot of things, and so I pray a lot, stand in paralysis waiting, sometimes I jump too quick because the last time I stood too long last time!  I am asking for prayer for something, just pray, it seems sooo awesome and it’s a part of the Community Center I am dreaming of!  Small steps.
Today I flipped my calendar (I read all the days I miss when I am not at work) and read this…

I have to say, I am excited to turn the door knob.  Not ready for reckless abandon, but excited about moving forward!

Excited about little things…

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!  Matt 25:23

Comments