Real friends are the best friends!



Although online relationships can be satisfying and a great source of support in our day to day lives, I also want to encourage you to build meaningful, face-to-face, God-honoring friendships ~Dawn Camp, My Home Sweet Home

It’s a funny thing because I have met some of my favorite people via the blog world.  I “met” them in the blog world, I have seen their lives change and have seen them grow, I’ve prayed for them.
I have friends that I’ve seen their kids grow up over facebook.  I feel like I know their kids, because I’ve prayed for them, and I’ve seen them grow up.  

But there is nothing that compares to actually knowing my friends, the ones I talk to, the ones that we go through tough times together, the ones we work things out with, we’ve laughed, we’ve cried, their kids have sat on my lap or held my hand.  We’ve learned to forgive, we’ve learned to love, we’ve even loved  each other at our ugliest times, and we’ve seen celebrated at our greatest times. 


Our kids (no matter the age difference) really really love each other.  

Sometimes the relationships of my friends ebbs and flows, I might see someone a lot for a while and then our lives kind of “separate” but that doesn’t mean we love each other less, it means we have different schedules.  

I was speaking with my friend Amanda last night and I was thinking about how thankful I am for our friendship.  We see the fruit in each others lives (well she also sees the ugliness in my mine).  I mean we both know that she is the nicer of the two of us, but neither one of us really likes surface relationships, we’d take the bad with the good, if it means we are real.  We call each other when we need prayer or guidance.  (My phone goes off EVERY day at 6am so that a day doesn’t go by that I don’t pray for her – it all started when she started an early morning bible study- and I just didn’t stop).  I am thankful for her.  I cannot speak for her, but I can tell you whether it’s 5 minutes in passing at church or hours spent together, I really enjoy our time together.  

Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing people on facebook, I like keeping up with what’s going on in their lives, or a prayer request (even when they don’t actually ask), I love social media, and blogs, but there is nothing like the tried and true friendships in my life.  And I am thankful that we are more than just friends, we are family.  

Proverbs 17:17 (msg) Friends love through all kinds of weather,  and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.

Comments