Enjoy your moments

I can't even explain to you how beautiful colorado is!!! I'm sitting here in the quietness of the house (which is the opposite of how it usually is) and I'm thinking about how lucky I am!

When we got here the mayor on the announcement said "300 days of sunshine". That's seriously enough for me to say "I'm in"

The temperature was 85* today and it was perfect, and the evening cooled down to perfection.  I mean it got a little chilly but it was very nice!!!

We stopped and got yummy Thai food for lunch and ate it at the park, because as Katie said "eating inside seemed like a sin on such a beautiful day" and we went to the airplane park as the boys call it and we walked by this cute little stream... And of course had to get our feet wet! And the boys wanted to go deeper so some kind of crazy auntie thing came over me and we walked in the stream, well I carried the boys a lot of the time and we were silly and we found "a treasure" in the water... A golf ball. Lol and then we were so lucky!!!! We found another one!!!!  What a fun time filled with smiles and giggles and hugs and kisses!!!

We celebrated Zion's birthday which was our "official" reason for coming out even though when 5 people you really really love live somewhere, you don't need an official reason lol! We celebrated with delicious food, lots of giggles, Rice Krispie treats, Popsicles (Zion loves Popsicles!!!!), glow sticks, flashlight tag, and balloons!

In the past few months I've had a crazy change in my schedule and it's been an adjustment and sometimes it's a really difficult one but in some ways it's been absolutely amazing! I'm still serving because serving Jesus is in my DNA, but im spending way more time with people i love, I'm less hurried and harried, I'm a lot lore go with the flow, I have noticed I feel like I smile more. I am more relaxed and things still get done, I'm just not a control freak about it. 

I thought about how there is a good chance this weekend could have not happened if I had been too busy! I could have easily let it slip by and a year could have gone by without visiting these lovelies! I could have postponed and tried to fit it in, but instead I fit things around it because it was a priority. 

The truth is I couldn't imagine my life without these lovelies and so I am not going to, they will always be a priority for me. They bring lots of love and joy to my heart. I was thinking about someone who means a lot to me and how our time isn't always carved out because of our schedules but when we get it, we enjoy our time together, and I don't take one minute for granted. 

I'd like to give you a tidbit of advice, don't wait. The things that you love, go after them, take the time to spend time with the people you love, visit the places you've always wanted to see! Don't postpone your joy!!

Comments