Crockpot Freezer meals!



I tried some crockpot freezer meals, I was going to wait til I actually tried them, but I thought I'd forget... so here they are!



Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients
  • 6 chicken breasts
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 2 cups cilantro
  • 24 oz bag of frozen corn (can be less depending on preference)
  • 4 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 finely chopped red onion (I used just plain old yellow onion)
  • 2 cans of black beans, rinsed
  • 2 t cumin
  • 2 t chipotle powder
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • *1/2 c water or chicken broth for freezer meal.
Shake it up, seal, label and put in the freezer. Instructions for Container: cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours, serve with hot tortillas or tostitos. Dress with sour cream, guacamole, and/or cheese
The day I make it, I will add 1 cup corn (that I prepped in my freezer) and 1 can black beans


***********************************************************************


Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew
Serving Size: 6
Adapted from: Skinny Taste
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, fat chopped off
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 T all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c chopped onion
  • 2 four ounce cans green chiles
  • 2 t chopped jalapeno (I did 3 to make it a bit more spicy)
  • 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (whichever heat you prefer) (I did 10 oz fresh tomatoes and 1 jalapeno – seeded and chopped)
  • ½ c chicken broth
  • 1 T cumin
  • ½ t garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Cut pork into 2-inch pieces
  2. In a skillet add the olive oil and heat then toss in the pork and brown on all sides
  3. Add one tablespoon of flour at a time and cook a little between each one
  4. Add the pork and the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot
  5. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, if frozen 7-8 hours
  6. ***If you are making it for a freezer meal skip the browning and just toss everything into your freezer bag.
 ***********************************************************

Mexican Casserole
1 pound ground beef (cooked)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 small green pepper (chopped)
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes ( I used 2 c fresh tomatoes)
8 oz tomato sauce
1/4 c water
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 T chili powder
Don’t add to freezer bag:
1 1/3 c. uncooked instant rice (or 3 c. cooked rice)
1 c. cheddar cheese
I will add 16 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed) when I cook it that day!
Cook 4-6 hours on low

******************************************************************

Taco Soup
1 pound ground beef
1 onion (chopped)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can rotel (I used 10 oz fresh tomatoes, 1 jalapeno seeded and diced)
½ can water
2 T taco seasoning
Mix all ingredients in freezer safe bag and freeze. 
To serve, throw it in the crockpot for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.

The day I cook it I will add 1 c corn, and 2 cans chili beans

***********************************************************************
 
Chicken Cacciatore
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts
1 (26 oz) jar of chunky vegetable-style spaghetti sauce
1 zucchini, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
Garnish: shredded Parm cheese
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. 

Comments