Living the Dream



A few years ago, I was blessed to be chosen to be a part of this great group of ladies… God sized dream team!  I remember when I got the notice, I was super excited.  

What was my God Sized Dream that I thought I’d only accomplish if God was in it?

Writing a book.

It seems so crazy, and often I’d say “who would buy a book that I would write?”

I still believe that to be true.  I don’t feel like I have some overwhelming great story to tell or some great advice to be given, though I could do a cookbook that would rock the heck out of your dining room table.

Maybe someday.

For me, writing a book seems self-absorbed.  I am not saying that about anyone else who writes a book, just me. 

In the past two years, I’ve dreamt some crazy dreams, followed my heart into some very uncharted territory for me. 

Sometimes my God sized dream seems to be just surviving the day.

There are days when my dream is to hold onto my spiritual fruit and not throw it at someone.

Moving to Haiti
A big beautiful community center in Detroit

I have spent the last 7 years serving under some of the most incredible leadership I have ever come across, we served Jesus together, and they inspired to give every single thing I had to youth ministry, and I did.  I spent countless hours preparing for a lot of different things.  I’ve sent texts, made phone calls, taken back change…  and I don’t regret one single minute of it.  My life with Jesus was Youth Ministry.

My friends left our ministry, because they have moved to Colorado.  For months, God started to prepare my heart that I’d be doing something different, including, but not limited to, working on my 501c3, Chosen by Love.  I kept telling God (I think it’s hilarious that I do that!) that He was crazy and that I’d be serving in Youth Ministry until Zion graduated, I was not going to leave Adam and Katie.  So instead, they left me (HAHA, they didn’t really!). 

So if you’d ask me what my God sized dream is now, to open a Youth Center in Detroit, in one of the roughest areas in Detroit.  In one of the most beautiful places, maybe not everyone sees it that way, but I do.  My other dream is to visit Haiti 4 weeks a year, at least for now, until it’s time to spend a month or 6 there.  To continue to let God use me there, to love, and bring clothes, and play ball, and jump ropes, and misspelled t-shirts (I have tons of these).  Whatever He says to do, I will do it.

I am not sure EXACTLY what God has planned but it seems each day, He speaks life and one step at a time into my heart.  I must be faithful in staying close to Him.  I also must put a business plan together (I already have the software)

I am excited that my God sized dream is more in line with Him, and not about me and bringing any attention to me, only to Him.
 
I’m thankful to have His dream revived in my heart! 

Comments