Running and a favorite song!

I am going to train for a 5k, it’s something that I’ve been looking forward to doing, I actually really love running.  Going to start slow, and build up.  I’d love to do the ½ marathon in 2015.  I have a favorite playlist even though it’s kind of old because it’s been a while since I really ran seriously (stress fracture, plantar fasciitis, I’m lazy, and busy).  When I run, I have a few songs that I really LOVE, that totally get me pumped.
And some of my favorite songs are understandable you’d probably think “oh yeah that makes perfect sense” but there are probably songs that you might be surprised about.  And for the most part, I do listen to Christian music.   When I would run years ago, it was Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, and Christina Aguilera and I’d love it, but when I started the Biggest Loser at church, I found that I could not run to it anymore, it was weird, I couldn’t find my groove in running.  So… I deleted a lot of songs off, and recruited help with some running songs.
  
So…  this song it’s my favorite…  it makes me crazy excited to run…


This song gets my pumped because even though I have to get past some of the language, it reminds me that the strength within me (from Jesus) can’t be stopped. That no matter what people say about me, I will keep going.  Fall down 7 times, get up 8.


I have participated in a half marathon (I did not run the whole thing!!) and have run up to 10 miles without stopping and all that training made me to believe I could do anything… but then I stopped… and then that takes me to a whole new mess of tornado of yuck I think about myself. And if I am honest a 5k doesn’t seem like much for me because I’ve run more than that.  And I never think that when other people run 5ks, so I am giving myself a little slack, and I am going to focus on doing 5ks well, and just taking small steps to make myself better, and to not beat myself up.


I love running and one of my goals was to complete a 5k (My goal was by May, but better late than never).  I might walk it with friends or run it, who knows, but the goal will be completed, and I will begin training tonight.  With my favorite song J

Comments