Its possible to make a difference!

It's been a crazy week so far! It's been down and it's been up! As I've been driving around, my heart is spinning. (I'm the runner for the groups)

I drove past St. Suzanne's church yesterday and thought about my gram. We used to go to church there when I was young. Funny how it seemed so big but it really wasn't as big as I remembered (I'm gonna see if I can go in there today or tomorrow).  I found the greatest school (ok so it doesn't have windows- but they say I'm a dreamer - but I'm not the only one). I've seen tons of houses that went from blight to beautiful. I've seen beautiful houses that id even move into. I've seen some id like to level and start over. 

This project is crazy amazing.  There is strength in numbers, the hearts of the people who are working and who are living there.

I gotta problem though. 

Don't I always?

I don't want to just come in and leave. And they have a one year plan. Which is so awesome! So what do I do? How do i plug into that? Logistically that is not easy. I live downriver and work in Troy. I felt so strongly in the last couple days that God has been saying "I know you love the waterfront but don't forget about here"

What does that mean?

I have no idea.

Like really.

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!

That drives me crazy!

So as I drive around today, I'll pray.

I'm in love. I'm in love with Haiti and I'm in love with Detroit and I feel like it's an obtainable love.

But I don't believe that God gives us unattainable love. A cross, it joins the obtainable love in our hearts.

Not sure what God's got planned but I'm thankful He loves me and is a light to my path.

All things are possible with God. Matthew 19:26




Comments