I'm trying



I’d like to ask you something if you know me.  I’d like you to ask that you please be patient with me.  I really am trying so hard to figure out what’s next.  My life seems to be unfolding a lot differently than I ever thought.  

As the daughter of a single dad, I dreamed of growing up and having one of those “conventional” families and being married. I always dreamed of being married and honestly these days I am not sure if I will ever be married, and my heart really does say that it’s ok.  Whatever God chooses for me, I am ok with that but I am not going to say that I don’t wish for someone to share my life with.
I was in Haiti and I know that God is calling me back for a long term mission trip (and I guess in my mind anything longer than 2 weeks I consider a long term mission trip).  And as much as if someone dropped $20,000 in my lap, I know that it’s not time yet.  God has a few things to do in my heart before I go.  That’s not being scared that’s just being obedient.   Though I would LOVE it if someone dropped $20,000 in my lap or my checking account to free up that burden.  

I want to just put it out there that I am not grumpy, the truth is I am trying to feel in small increments because one day I started laughing at something that was really really funny and then my laughter turned to tears so sometimes though something is funny because I let go off everything I was holding on to.  It’s difficult because its hard to stop crying after that.  And then it’s a whole big hulla-ba-loo.

I am trying to figure out where God wants, what He wants me to do, be obedient…  It’s difficult, and I admit sometimes it’s hard to see the need here and think that it’s nothing compared to the need in Haiti.  But I do know that it’s different, and love is the same in all countries, in any language, to all people.  And that is what binds us.

So if I look distracted, or sad, or like a shell, I just ask that you be patient with me, I am doing the best I can, and sometimes all I need is a hug and a smile.  

Thanks for loving me.

Comments

rmm4361 said…
The beauty of friendship is the patience - hugs and smiles to you as your journey continues!